Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some People...UGH!!!

So I have been recovering from a painful tooth extraction while 2o weeks pregnant since Wed. night. I had a root canal about 2 years ago and did not get the crown put on when I needed to, so the tooth has been going downhill for awhile. I do have a wisdom tooth underneath that has been waiting to come up but couldn't because of the other tooth, so I figure once I heal up it will be okay. I digress... I was trying to wait until after the baby is born to have it pulled, but my OB felt I should take care of it now in case it got infected. I was sooo nervous because I had to get an x-ray and take pain meds and antibiotics, etc.... So, the DR. had to give me lots of Novocaine. He put it in my palate and it felt really weird. It felt like my throat was closing up and I couldn't swallow. Then, he cut my gums open to get the tooth out so I have stitches:(. That felt really weird; it tickled my throat and made me gag. Wed. night my sweet family stayed home and took care of me. We rented a couple of movies at redbox. We all forgot about taking them back until tonight. So by now, Josh's tooth has really started to hurt him too. (He has one that is in really bad shape that has also been bothering him lately). So I decided to change out of my PJ's to return the movies. I was out of gas, so I stopped by the Paul's to fill r up. I got out of the car- I look like I just got my tooth pulled from my mouth (how else should I look?!), but, ...BUT, I changed into my plush black maternity sweatsuit just so I would not be wearing my jammies, and do you believe the customer standing in the store looks at me and says. "I see you kept your jammies on to come get gas tonight." Do you know as soon as I walked up and saw this lady, before a word came out of her mouth, I KNEW she was going to say something. I did not know what-- she just looked like of of those ladies who could not pass up the opportunity to say her mind. You all know the type. I ran into another lady at gymnastics on Monday who had to introduce her self to everyone and then dominate the conversation. Maybe this is why I was weary tonight....It was her first time there and I don't think she actually saw anything her kids were doing! I kept excusing myself from the conversation to watch my girls. They both have class at the same time and were in different rooms, so I really had to use my time wisely. Don't get me wrong, I am quite the social gal, but this was our first time. Noella has never taken gymnastics and was whisked away to a room upstairs. It is a homeschool class and I think this mom just had to have some adult interaction. So, maybe next time I'll just keep my jammies on! I am not afraid!!

No comments: