Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome Baby Hudson















Hudson Joshua Sanders was born Friday May 29th at 8:14 am. He weighed 8.6 and 1/2 oz and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. We are so thankful for all of the prayers that were said on or behalf both throughout the pregnancy and during the c-section. The Lord is so good to us! I was only anxious when they put the IV in and even that went smoothly. I was very calm during the surgery and my hospital stay.










Hudson is doing well. We are sooo in love with him!! We are monitoring his bilirubin levels and watching for increases in jaundice.










I had to go off my pain medicine the second day home as I was having bad headaches and extreme sensitivity to sound. Today I had to go back to the doctor for stitches in my incision as the right side was not closing up. Hudson still has his days and nights mixed-up but is sleeping more during the night and is awake a little more during the day. It has been sooo wonderful to have the extra hours with Josh. When Hudson gets fussy, Josh will play the guitar and sing praise songs and Hudson will stop fussing. He remembers listening to the family sing while he was in utero.

1 comment:

Meredith Uber said...

ohhhh, how sweet. I have thought of and prayed for you often. Everytime I think to call it's too early.
Know I am thinking of you and we will talk soon! love you friend!

BTW, love the name Hudson! (it was one of my picks for Brax)