






Hudson is 8 weeks and mighty strong (see picture). All of my kiddos have really liked tummy time. He has become a relatively easy baby. At first I wasn't so sure... He is a great nighttime sleeper and has been a happy baby this week with very little fuss and lots of smiles. I heard a first laugh this morning. He is also making some very sweet sounds.
The girls have been reading lots this summer and earned a dinner at Sizzler. We went this past week while Josh hung out with a friend. So...here goes another one of my stories....I thought it would be great to get out of the house before bed. How hard could it be to take them all to dinner by myself? Right? I have taken them to stores, library, etc...(more stories, but nonetheless....) So we get through dinner and Hudson is still sleeping-awesome!! It took us awhile to get to dessert because Madeline likes raw meat and her steak was well done so we had to wait about 30 minutes for a second steak. We managed a first bathroom trip-- car seat, diaper bag and 3 kids. (so for those of you saying big deal, I was raised an only child with very old and proper parents). It was time for the ice cream bar, so again, car seat, diaper bag, 3 kids to the ice cream line. We weren't alone--everyone else had the same idea. I wasn't going to come back either--the girls were ready for dessert. With one mighty hand I assisted the girls in using the soft serve machine and adding toppings. We were getting ready to go back to the table and I noticed Noella was curled up in a ball on the dirty floor. I asked her to get up and she said her tummy hurt and she didn't want her ice cream and M&M's. Well, I KNEW NG was not kidding because she always wants her candy. She rarely has a stomach ache either. So I saw a major icky coming on!! By this time Hudson was awake, but we did make it to the bathroom in time. Madeline with ice cream in her happy hands, me with an awake baby and his diaper bag. Luckily Noella felt better after our trip. She did want to take her ice cream home and I could not say no to my sick child, so I got a to go box and took her melted ice cream home with us. That is not quite the end.....We took the melted ice cream home and I got talked into stopping at the store for band aids. We were out of band aids and we had planned to get them on the way home so we made one more stop before ending our evening.
Also this week, we had a visit from Josh's oldest brother Jim and his girlfriend Sarah. The girls had fun at Nonny and Papa's house singing their VBS songs for everyone. They also got to have a fire which is their favorite thing to do. Josh played his guitar and the girls sang some of their favorite worship songs.

2 comments:
Cute pictures, Mari! -
Thanks for sharing the pics...I especially love the closeup of the kids. I love that we could share some sweet memories together this summer :)
Post a Comment