Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I am still hoping to get our "Christmas Cards" out to those of you far away in the next week. They will be New Years Cards. We had a fun Christmas with Josh's family. Both of his brothers and their girlfriends were in town. It was great to spend the week with all of them catching up. I did pretty well considering that I am pregnant and it is hard for me to stay up late. We had lots of snow and the commute back and forth each night for Josh's parents was not soo fun, but the Lord kept us all safe and healthy. The girls had fun sledding down the hill at the rents house with their cousins. Noella doesn't usually like to play outside, but she has really been enjoying the snow. Josh has been working super hard at work and written many really impressive radio commercials. He has also started singing at our church. The girls and I are enjoying listening to him practice at home.

I miss my mom and dad. It has been so long since I've been with them for a Christmas. The Lord was so present this year in my mother's absence. I really struggled with many sad days leading up to her Dec. 4th birthday, but the Lord allowed Christmas to be about Him and not about my loss and sadness--such a HUGE praise to Him that He allowed this incredible joy and celebration in my life. I was hoping and praying for it and knew the Lord could give it but did not imagine that I would have so many "good" days!

Next week my dad will be 90 years old. I pray it will be a great year for him. He has been so tired and not up to doing much. He is on so many medications and usually feels dizzy when he is up and about. He has told me that it is getting much harder for him to get around his apartment. his sister just turned 92 and is feeling well. she and her son are hoping to go to Florida for the winter. i am very happy that they will be able to go and enjoy the sunshine! Some days I have though about how nice the Fl. sunshine would be!!

The girls and I have been back to school this week. We are focusing more on reading and writing this quarter. We are also spending time this week on peace vs. arguing. Last year we spent the whole year on the Fruits of the Spirit and this year so far we haven't zoned in on a character theme. I think we will be spending a few weeks on peace and see where it takes us.

This coming Tuesday we have our ultrasound to find out what we are having! We are all so excited!!! We haven't done any planning or nesting yet. I so wish I could paint!!! I am very thankful for my fantastic friends in NC who helped me with our first nursery. It was awesome to have so many creative friends help me out and to bounce ideas off of. This time Noella will most likely be sharing her room with the baby. She is more than willing and really looking forward to it. I don't know if it will last, but for now, that is the plan!

Thank you to all of you who have sent us your beautiful Christmas Cards. We love them!!!!


1 comment:

bozovichfamily said...

Yaayyy! Can't wait to hear what the little one is! :O) We are also late on sending anything back home, so also planing on a NY's letter and pic :O) I am SOOO excited to hear that Josh is singing at church. That is awesome! I remember you telling me about his talent when you started going to LHBC. God is good!
You will be surprised at how fun and easy it will be to have Noella and the baby in the same room. My two little ones LOVE being in the same room and due to that, I have named them Bonnie and Clyde ;o) They can be in there, each in the beds, having a party! I love it! I even took video of them the other night :O)
Anyways, let me know what comes up on Tuesday!!! Love ya!