Sunday, February 28, 2010


I just felt the Lord leading me to post today...I think He is trying to get my attention in that two of my newest belongings, a necklace and a shirt, have both been totally destroyed this week. Which might not be a big deal if I had a lot of new things, but, I have not purchashed many new things for myself over the past few years. With 3 growing children we need to replace their things more often. I was sad over my shirt- too tired to remember not to put it in the dryer and the necklace, in a hurry to put it on for church, more angry that I needed to pick up lots of small pieces while Hudson was trying his best to fit them nto his mouth. Late for church and once again, not in the right frame of mind when I got there. It was a tough morning once there too. Is the Lord trying to tell me to stay home? More staying home? From church? Wanting me to be even more content? Probably. I have grown sooo much in this area, but he is still working on me. I am thankful that He loves me enough to persist.
The girls and I did a devotion entiltled," Don't Push Away the Goads." I found that goads are pointy stick that farmers would use to drive their oxen down the field. Sometimes God uses situations as goads in our lives to help us see our sin and to repent and change our ways. For me it has been having one car. Now that we have 2, Hudson still does not like being in the car so we still need to spend most of our time at home. I think he is warning me not to enjoy any possessions more that I enjoy my fellowship with Him. He also is telling me to say "NO" to a lot of things. Many good things, but for this time he is leading me to hold off and focus my time at home on my family. Marriage and children are great examples of Gods hand in our lives where he uses them to teach us to be more loving, patient, and especially other focused and to give up our rights.
I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo irritated this week when I ws getting my children out of the truck at Babies R Us and a lady wanted to park in the space next to me. She pulled right up to my stroller (after finding she could not fit into the space because my car door was open as I was getting the 3 kids out) gave me the look and sped around the parking lot to a spot a few cars down. I do not see why it was such a big deal to have to park 5 feet further from the door. We could all use the exercise right? This is one of my biggest beefs with people lately that think they need the spot right next to a car with 3 small children who need help getting in and out (especially after my baby has been screaming to get out). If I see a car loading kids I will find another spot to park. The Lord wants me to be loving to these people, but I am feeling mad!! Won't you all pray that I will have a kinder heart towards people who want to park next to us:)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh, it sounds like it has been a rough few days! I feel for you. Hang in there. :)