Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where does my help come from?


If you have spent any time with me-yes minutes count!- you know that I struggle with directions. I have gotten better over the years, but if I do not have them written down and have not made the trip at least 5 times, the chances are favorable that I will need some sort of assistance to arrive at the destination. This past Saturday I needed to drop the girls off for a play date. I had been to the house twice, and did not have time to Google the directions so I thought, okay, I will give my friend a call as we head out of our neighborhood. I got the machine and decided to make a go of it anyway. As I was deciding my route, Madeline says, "Mommy, you aren't going to get lost again, are you?" Well, of course not! I couldn't do that a third time! She continued, "Why don't you ask God for help?" I sat there thinking for a moment...well, yeah, that might work, but really? God is too busy to help with something as trivial as directions. I need His help with the BIG stuff, and oh man, have I been relying on Him lately! But, have I been relying on him completely and in every matter.? It was apparent from my faulty thinking that I have not been. I was thinking, third time will be a charm! I can do this all by myself. Sound like any of our sweet toddlers and preschoolers?


Isn't it amazing what you can learn from your children?! It did not take long, fortunately, for me to realize that she knew what I needed to do and so we stopped and prayed, asking the Lord to guide us. He did just that. I took the right street and recognized the turn and found my way in less that half the time than our prior trips.


This week I have also been encouraged by my 3-year-old. We were doing school and I was coloring with her as she said to me, "Mommy, are you doing your better best? Jesus likes it when you do your better best!" I wish that y'all could hear Noella play World Traveller! She will take on a Russian, French or even Spanish accent and keep it going for the entire play period and it is absolutely HILARIOUS! If I ask her to do it, she will pretend like she does not know what I am talking about, so I may have to set up a hidden camera!


We had our last pool day this weekend with our friends Nayibe, Javi, Jojo, Laurel, Paige, and Carson. Noella got to hold baby Carson and was so excited! She is really into babies lately and loves to be the big sister to all of our friends' new arrivals.


I want to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful friend Cassie for helping me get rid of the hieroglyphics on my cookie post, list my blogger friends, and direct me to Playlist! THANK YOU:) You know what they say, two heads are better than one. ...and when it comes to directions and computers, most other heads are better than mine! I just love it when a friend stops by to say hello, and love it even more when they can stay and visit.

No comments: