Thursday, August 28, 2008

On Your Marks, Get Set...Go!



This past week we have been dog sitting Boo, Josh's parent's dog. Why do I put my self through such drama? Because I am a devout animal lover? Oh, no! Because I am an AWESOME wife and mother (If I do say so myself:) I actually really like Boo. She is the sweetest dog ever, and ya'll know I am not one to gush about dogs, but it was worth the spilled food, dirty carpet, and tension between her and Mia to make sure she was taken care of while Josh's mom was in Montana.


We are just wrapping-up our second week of school and I feel we are starting to get into a routine. The girls are able to participate in many lessons together and they are doing better than I had expected with independent learning and lessons. This is a huge praise! We have been getting out in the afternoons and that is a great incentive for them to have good attitudes during school time. We also alternate each lesson with a play time and have come-up with some new ideas that they have been enjoying. For instance, this week we brought their babies outside in their strollers and set up Noella's orange cones that she picked-out at the Dollar store (I thought, what are we going to do with these?!!!) and made up obstacle courses for the strollers to manuver. So fun! We actually used the cones for our first PE lesson too. I could not believe it when I read that the lesson called for orange cones. Having 2 girls we have not had much prior experience with cones.... Recently, we have made Madeline's closet into a reading nook and it has been lots of fun! This week, I taped-up letters and words on the walls. We turn off the light and use a flashlight to find and read all the secret messages. Wow, huh?! The same old toys have also been a lot more fun to play with in the new space. Speaking of moving things around, I know y'all are needing to know this, but... we moved the sand box too, and it has been played with everyday this week! Even Noella who usually prefers to play inside ventures out there without an invitation and plays! Madeline has even concocted a "wonder glue" out of the sand; she reports that it has many uses--as a glue all and an anti-itch ointment. So, for now, I will spare you the trials of our days. We have them! When I reflect on all the fun, the learning, the growing we are doing together, it so helps me to realize that the frustrations we will face, are a necessary part of this growing process. I am so glad that as I "get it," the Lord will allow me to gain wisdom and understanding. He will allow me to Go forward in whatever He has for me and my family.

2 comments:

Julie Carroll said...

Welcome to the Blogging world... the latest and greatest in journaling!!

erin said...

oh mari. I am so glad that I get to feel like a part of y'alls life through your blog! I love seeing all of the pics.
Erin