











We have had so much fun camping this summer! We went family camping with some of our great friends from Lake Hazel Bible church the weekend of July 11th at Phillips Lake , Oregon and then I took the girls to Shiloh Bible Camp the 24th-27th of July to help the Brown family and the summer missionaries with cleaning.
Phillips Lake
Thank you to the Carroll family for organizing this fun trip for our church! We met several other families that are friends of the Carrolls. The Lake and camp site were so beautiful. We pitched our tent facing the Lake and had a sweet view! The girls enjoyed singing camp songs (so did their mommy:) and roasting marsh mellows. They even had pink ones! The girls loved pulling each other around on this wagon-like contraption throughout the campsite. The first morning we went swimming and fishing after breakfast. The girls just love swimming in the lake! I think we went fishing too late in the morning--we didn't even get a bite. Madeline brought her telescope and the kids had the MOST fun...looking at each other through the lenses!!! We couldn't quite focus on the moon. The telescope is not too powerful. The next afternoon the girls and I went out on one of the boats. I think the couple was Tyler and Melonie?. Madeline and Hannah went tubing. Madeline had sooooo much fun! She wanted to go again but could not convince any of the other kids to go with her, so she went by herself and did not enjoy the ride nearly as much. Noella did great and enjoyed it all! There were so many kids to play with (around 30) and so much to do. The first night was colder than we had expected. Our air mattress deflated over night and I found myself at the bottom of the bed when I woke-up. We were grateful to the Le Brets for letting us borrow one of their air mattresses the next night. Josh was our camp cook and made a wonderful bacon and egg breakfast. He also got to spend some quiet time hiking up the hill while we went out in the boat. It was a relaxing and fun trip!
Shiloh
We drove up to Shiloh with Jason Brown Thursday the 24th. When we got there, we found out that Wendy had taken Josiah to the hospital because he had eaten one of the flowering plants growing near the house and had gotten sick. She came home with him around 10:30 and he was fast asleep. He was going to be okay. Wendy and Jason were ever so calm in this situation. I would have been a WRECK!!!! We came into the sanctuary just as Matt Reed was finishing his last talk. We actually were standing outside the door and heard a knock. Jason opened the door and Matt was at the point in his talk where Jesus was to open the door....Perfect timing. So, the next morning I met Nathan and Megan Bath. They are the program directors at the camp. Megan and I cleaned the main building together. It was really great getting to talk with her while we were cleaning. It is always more fun when you have a friend to work alongside of you. The girls had a blast roaming around and playing with the Brown and Bath kids while the adults cleaned and cooked. We met lots of really nice people at the camp and enjoyed good food and fellowship. The girls loved hearing Matthew recite Dr. Seuss stories from memory, playing Mau with Michael and Christine, dressing up in funny rugby pads, watching Aristocats, swinging, swimming canoeing, doing puzzles, putting-up schedules in the cabins, and helping clean in the dining room and Brown's house. The adults went horseback riding with the horse wranglers, Amy and Laura, on Saturday through the trails--it's been a really long time since I've gone, so I was quite timid the first little while , but enjoyed myself after I got used to the idea that I was not going to fall off:). Sunday we went to McCall Baptist with the Browns and then later went swimming and canoeing. The girls and I had soooo much fun! I am so glad that the Lord allowed us to go. It was such a blessing to be able to help out for the weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment