





Today we walked to the pool and met our friends Nayibe, Javi and Josiah and a new friend Bridget and her children Emmie and Levi. It was a beautiful day, not too hot. After swimming we had a picnic lunch and the kids played at the park behind the pool. It was so nice to get out of the house for the morning and spend the day with our friends. After nap we made zucchini bread and played baby doctor and Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Yesterday Nayibe and the boys came over to visit while we were canning apricots. My house was such a disaster--you can imagine the kitchen, I was ironing Josh's shirts and had them hanging on the molding over the den near the front door, UPS had just dropped-off our home school computer which was sitting by the front door. There was laundry being folded, toys here and there, etc. So, As I am canning apricots, Josh brings his new business partner into the house. What a surprise!! I used to apologize and inside I knew my house usually looked like that anyway. Nowadays over the last couple of years, we have been in the routine of keeping the house cleaned, so most other days my house is not such the mess. It was okay, he has 2 young children and we were having so much fun making the mess; that is what summer is for:) I have to share a Noellaism before I go.... Yesterday morning I was chopping apricots. Noella was going potty and she yells out, " Mommy, we trust in the Lord!" I affirmed her, "Yes, Honey, we DO trust in Him in everything!" A few minutes later she comes up and rubs lotion on my legs while I am still chopping apricots. She continues her thought--She must have thought there was more to it and explained, "and the Lord trustis in us.!"



No comments:
Post a Comment